WHO ARE WE?
The National Disaster Management Office(NDMO) is the Secretariat of the National Disaster Council(NDC)
To establish safe sustainable and resilient Solomon Island Communities
Provide Leadership in the Development and Maintenance of measure to support Communities in reducing their risks including Climate risks and managing the Consequences of Disaster.
OUR CORE FUNCTIONS
The core functions of the National Disaster Management Office are:
1. Provide advice to the Minister and the Council on all matters relating to DRM
2. Develop policy and provide leadership and advocacy across the DRM sector
3. Provide planning, and establish arrangements, for DRM at the national level
4. Coordinate, support and monitor planning and arrangements for DRM at the sector, provincial and community level
5. Coordinate and manage the national response to and recovery from disaster events when they occur
6. Develop and support public awareness of DRM and their role within it
7. Engage with partners, NGO’s and civil society to ensure their involvement in DRM is effectively integrated with the arrangements of this Plan
8. Establish and maintain databases for DRM information including hazard and vulnerability maps, planning documents and disaster information
9. Monitor DRM development and activity and report to Council.
NDMO CURRENT OFFICE LOCATION